Monday, June 22, 2009

The birth of Hair and the Skinny

What better day for the birth of my darling new beauty bog than on a sweltering hot Monday? None better, I presume. This blog it either way overdue, or just in time.. This blog has been created to give advice on products, techniques, styles,really all things hair, skin, and make-up, but most importantly to decode mumbo jumbo and speak civilian language. Why does my skin need antioxidants?

I do choose to speak of my blogs as if they were my children. They are born little ones with little to show, and bloom into a wealth of experiences, knowledge, adventure, interactions, and well, beauty products.

Her parents will help shape her life with all of their guidance and expertise, but ultimately it is the way of life and love, that one can never predict the outcome.

The Hair and the Skinny, born from Jen Hoover, is the product of 8+ years in the professional hair and make-up industry, 1 handmade clay "china" doll at age 9, 26 years of experimentation and a desire to make and create, 15 fine years of education, yoga loving, an eye for visually pleasing creations, and the love to type while drinking hot tea in the morning.

Just a little more about myself to gain your trust.. I have worked in 6 salons, and currently own my own shop, Pearl Hair and Make-up Studio in Austin TX( http://www.pearlaustin.com/)
I have trained with a Master Colorist in LA, done hair and/or make-up for Seventh Generation, Disney, Spin, Fuel TV, Cosmopolitan, Blender, and more, learned from many famous hair and make-up artists, worked for 4 cosmetic lines, done hair for Victoria's Secret Annual Fashion Show, am excellent with hair color corrections, can paint with a steady hand, worked for a Top Hair and Make-up Agency in LA, did my girlfriends hair for our high school dances and introduced them to plucking eyebrows by age 14, developed an education system in a salon I worked at for 25 stylists, give make-up lessons that change lives, have been blonde, brunette, red, black, and everything in between, studied Fine Art, did over 40 weddings in Austin in last year, I can accuratly draw anything I see with the naked eye, have keyed two feature films, AND I'm going to stop there. I've never tooted my own horn so much to anyone ... but I had to let you know the potential of this Spawn you are dealing with. Thanks for listening, I never intend to write this much again unless thoroughly entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. hey jen, just found your website and blog, and cudos to you! i know last i saw you, you said that this was what you were doing, but this is great that you're so immersed into your passion now. everything looks awesome, and congrats, especially for opening up your own shop. and i love the little phrase about your clay "china" doll. while i was at home a few years ago cleaning my old room, i found the clay figurine i made in elementary school, and it happened to be of a rather rotund baker holding a cake. go figure we knew back then.

    ReplyDelete