Tuesday, July 21, 2009

And the award goes to...


Sunday night wrapped up Austin Fashion Week with the Fashion Award Show complete with Red Carpet for nominees and an awesome after party. Yours truly made the red carpet with a nomination in the Best Hair Stylist category. I did not take home the golden boot, but am still on a little high after being chosen as a nominee. That in itself is a great honor.



To check out some Fashion Week photos, my friend Jake Holt was the house photographer for the night and his pics can be viewed here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/smirchfa/3740193359/in/set-72157621752818004


I will say, as no one including myself new what to really expect from this week, it was pretty darn impressive. People really cam together, with an interest to not just be seen, but to meet one another and share their passions and interest in the industry. I have always been one who is not threatened by other artists, but wants to embrace hat we have in common. There is plenty of work to go around, it's much more fun to be friends and compare notes!


I really look forward to next year. May it be bigger, and better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment