Thursday, January 7, 2010

Inspiration Station!

Happy New Year all! I know I took a big fat break in posting..because I went to Europe for 3 weeks! Very exciting on many levels, but for fashion..yes, dear.

I wasn't as blown away as I had anticipated, but I did some good observing. I hit Greece, France and Spain on this trip. I will admit I had high hopes for coming back to the states with tons of new ideas, however I didn't really see too much new.. but I did notice some real individual style more frequently, especially in Barcelona. I noticed a whole lot of black clothing. Black on black on black. I get that, because it's Winter, and also because I have been digging really dark clothes lately as well, I've even been pairing black with navy blue, which I remember while growing up that was a BIG fashion no-no! Like wearing pink with red. Haha.

LOTS of boots were happening. Again, yes Winter appropriate- but I mean EVERYone had one boots that fell at least right below the knee. I'm thinking some over the knee boots would be pretty fun to have. I didn't see too many.. so I think that would be a good move.

As far as NEW, the baggy crotch pant was budding through Barcelona as well. Quite an interesting look I will admit..but definitely not flattering. It's something you would wear for comfort, to be daring, and.. well.. possibly if you are really tall and thin. : ) I was curious to try some on, Zara carried them, but my fiance was so repulsed that I just couldn't. My only regret. Hehe.

As for hair and make-up, there really was a lack of good make-up jobs, either nothing, or way too much was what I was noticing. I think we pull off taste full, clean make-ups a little better. I did see a bit of barbie blue eye shadow with pink lips around Athens and Paris.

Lots of cute short bangs, I really enjoyed that. I missed out on giving myself a haircut before I left, so I took Paul's face razor to my bangs and took care of business. Where I was most of the people had very dark hair naturally, so there was a lot more dark brown hair than I am used to. I really felt like I stuck out with my red head-ness! Paul as a dark blonde, and me red.. oh yeah, we did not belong! Barcelona was quite diverse though, we could have passed there: )

It was a great trip though, and even just getting out of the routine and searching for new ideas- whether I found them or not- really got my creative juices flowing!

Happy 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment