Saturday, July 10, 2010

Going to the Chapel, and Film life

Hi!

I got married!! Any Honeymooned!! Hoorah hoorah. It could not have have been more fun, special, or exciting. Perfection. And to that, I give you this wedding preparations game which is hilarious: http://www.dolidoli.com/game/wedding-preparations/


So that's what I have been up to.. and am currently hair/make-up department head on a film called 'Home', by Sean Gallagher. It's been going great.. a little rough at first because we are filming nights( 6pm to 6am) once you adjust it's not a big deal. There are 11 characters that Daniele(my assistant) and I are taking care of, and the actors are all wonderful! It's a mix of local talent, LA, and NY folks. I love having all of the LA people around to romanticize LA with.

The film is being shot on HD cameras, so make-up is VERY important. Essentially what the naked eye sees up close, is exactly what the camera will read. Often with film and print, there is a slight amount of diffusion- not here. This adds a hint of pressure, but is not a problem for my style. My artistic approach has always come from a light hand so it works out very well. This format is actually ideal for me.

When working on film, getting the actors ready is the first crunch of the day, and after that it is maintaining(or sometimes changing) a look to maintain continuity. Continuity is actually very important in all aspects of film.

This time around, I am choosing to work with Make-up Forever's HD foundation, concealer, and translucent powder line. It's been looking great!

Talk soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment